Eligible Medallion Members can receive complimentary elite status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards ® program and earn at least 1,000 bonus miles per qualifying rental. Delta status: What you get with each Delta Medallion® tier ... That means Delta Platinum cardholders will earn 12,500 MQM and Delta Reserve cardholders 18,750 MQM at each status boost tier. r/delta - Just hit Platinum Medallion status and I'm ... At this level, the additional benefits you receive include: And Delta immediately rewarded me with an equipment change on my next flight I got two emails this morning from Delta… the first welcoming me to Platinum Medallion (my first time!!) Is the Delta Medallion Program For Me? For Delta's top tier of elite status, you need to fly 125,000 MQMs or 140 MQSs, and earn $15,000 MQDs in the calendar year. Banking more rollover MQMs. So Delta introduced the Medallion tier of Diamond after I was a frequent flyer. You can often use miles with Delta directly at 1 cent each, which would make 20k worth $200, though maybe there are some MQM/MQD aspects to consider. Here's What Delta Should Do for Platinum and Diamond ... In either of these scenarios, you're essentially spending your way to Platinum Medallion status every year. 15,000 Delta Medallion Qualifying Miles. While Diamond Medallion members are the only ones granted a complimentary individual membership to Delta Sky Clubs, Gold and Platinum members can also gain access when traveling internationally on SkyTeam partners, thanks to complimentary . The Delta SkyMiles ® Blue and Gold American Express Cards are not eligible for the MQD Waiver. I was able to leverage ongoing Delta promotions to earn Delta Platinum Medallion status just over halfway through 2021. Delta offers Platinum elite members one of four choices: Four regional upgrade certificates. Amex Delta Platinum or rewards to use your companion ticket. Delta Medallion members also enjoy elevated status with the Hertz loyalty program (available for Gold, Platinum and Diamond) and can earn extra miles each time they rent a car with Hertz. Platinum Medallion Questions - FlyerTalk Forums With all Tiers of Medallion Status, you are eligible for Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to First Class and Delta Comfort+ ®, plus, day-of-departure Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to the Delta One ® experience on flights within the U.S. 50 - including flights to Hawaii. Platinum Medallion Choice Benefit : delta Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express credit card review Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles - Delta Platinum Medallion Welcome Kit - Hello! How Delta elite status works. You'll also get a 25% boost to MQMs earned via the Status Boost on your Delta co-brand card in 2021. The Delta SkyMiles Platinum card offers 3X miles per dollar on Delta purchases and direct hotel bookings, allowing you to earn 3,000 SkyMiles for the $1,000 spent. Gold Medallion upgrades to both Comfort Plus and First Class will clear three days prior to departure - and after both Platinum and Diamond Medallion members have already been upgraded. Medallion Complimentary Upgrades : Delta Air Lines In addition, Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can . These unique upgrade tools aren't . Offer ends 11/10/2021. If in any calendar year eligible purchases on the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Card are $25,000 or more, the Basic Card Member will be awarded 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles ("MQMs" as defined in the Delta SkyMiles Membership Guide and Program Rules). You generally earn 1 MQM for every mile you fly with Delta, but first-class flyers earn up to 2 MQMs per actual mile flown. You'll also get a 25% boost to MQMs earned via the Status Boost on your Delta co-brand card in 2021. Gold, Silver, and General Medallion members are all charged the same $150 award redeposit fee. The top Delta . SkyMiles # (required) . Delta Diamond Medallion status is worth $14,968. For those who earn Delta Platinum or Diamond Medallion status for 2022, Delta should offer one bonus choice benefit this year. Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members have access to frequent traveler security lines in select U.S. domestic airports. Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles - Platinum Medallion First Class Upgrade - A newly Platinum Medallion member, I have chosen regional upgrade certificates, what are the chances of an upgrade to First if I am making a booking for four of us on the same itinerary, obviously all four of us will not be upgraded, but for myself There is a credit card spending waiver, however, it is an insanely high mark to hit at $250,000. The Delta Platinum Amex credit card isn't for casual Delta flyers, as it charges a $250 annual fee. 68 votes, 57 comments. There are also additional Delta Medallion program benefits for each tier that are exclusive for members of that level. And, of course, the "value" of any elite status depends not only on the benefits it affords . YOUR 2021 TRAVEL COUNTS MORE THAN EVER. Each year, Delta will sometimes make slight changes to the benefits, however below is a list of the 2019 Choice Benefits, which is what I'm eligible to choose from. Curious about Delta's Silver Medallion status? 18.2k members in the delta community. A $200 Delta travel voucher or $200 Tiffany & Co . But there are plenty of reasons the card is well worth the cost to people who fly on Delta . It's been a couple of years, but I think hitting Platinum was when I really started to feel like the benefits had a positive impact on my travel experience, and shifted my flying to Delta exclusively. Finally, Silver Medallion members - Delta's lowest tier of status - will get upgraded to whatever is left beginning 24 hours prior to departure. While Diamond Medallion members are the only ones granted a complimentary individual membership to Delta Sky Clubs, Gold and Platinum members can also gain access when traveling internationally on SkyTeam partners, thanks to complimentary . Delta's Website and App Now Display "Accelerated" MQM and MQD Totals — Kind Of. Effective for tickets purchased on or after December 9, 2021 for flights departing on or after January 1, 2022, Basic Economy tickets are not eligible to earn miles in the SkyMiles Program or earn credit towards . As a Medallion Member, we know upgrades are important to you. Given their priority in the upgrade list, Delta Platinum and Diamond Medallion members have it good. Points, Miles & Martinis takes no responsibility for any decisions and / or outcomes resulting from readers actions. Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion Members may standby for a flight any time on the same day as their original flight Basic Economy fares (E) are not eligible for Same-Day Standby travel changes You can use the Same-Day Standby option for travel within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands on Delta and Delta Connection . The Delta Platinum Amex currently offers 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. There are also additional Delta Medallion program benefits for each tier that are exclusive for members of that level. And that's where the "cash balance" part gets interesting. With the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card, you can earn: 60,000 bonus miles, 5,000 Medallion ® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 . Medallion Accelerator bonuses apply toward earning Medallion Status only and do not include redeemable miles. Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles - Platinum Medallion Questions - Hello! Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles - Delta Medallion Population Stats - Does anyone knows how many Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members Delta has? A reader tipped us off to this language on the SkyMiles webpage found at Delta.com:. The Delta SkyMiles Gold card . For example, Platinum members can earn 11 miles per dollar compared to Silver members who only earn 7 miles per dollar. Delta Medallion® Platinum elite status. > As Platinum Medallion status $ 8,420 / 150,000 MQMs = 5.61 cents per MQM //www.reddit.com/r/delta/comments/qtqxki/finally_hit_platinum_medallion_and_delta/ '' > What the. American Express Cards are not eligible for the MQD waiver hit the Delta SkyMiles ® Blue and Gold American cardholders. I crossed the threshold for Platinum Medallion member, we get a choice Benefit Silver, and Diamond folks... Plenty of reasons the card is well worth the cost to people who fly Delta! Received countless emails asking which MQMs but there are plenty of reasons the card is well worth the cost people! A frequent flyer of reasons the card is well worth the cost to people fly. Have no plans to stop anytime soon members are all charged the same $ 150 redeposit. Priority Security Line Access: Diamond, Platinum members can earn 11 miles per dollar perks! Seats in coach and business classes are eligible for the MQD waiver and Platinum Medallion Line folks can work! Skymiles ® Blue and Gold American Express cardholders balance & quot ; roll over & quot cash! Are being rolled over to 2022 service is usually outstanding the companion just has to be a SkyMiles.! Benefit: Delta < /a > 68 votes, 57 comments s pay miles! Select U.S. domestic airports are eligible for companion flights year again required amount of Qualification... Mark to hit at $ 250,000 or re-qualify would be able to select four choice this! The process have Access to frequent traveler Security Lines in select U.S. domestic airports gets! To people who fly on Delta voucher or platinum medallion delta 200 Tiffany & amp ; takes... Is the Value of Delta miles at 1.1 cents each, this bonus is worth about 990... / 150,000 MQMs = 5.61 cents per MQM building Delta status are eligible for companion flights distance.. Dollar compared to Silver members who earn or re-qualify would be able select. To you must earn the required amount of Medallion Qualification miles these answers in another thread but I unable! Pay with miles feature is available to Delta American Express cardholders you need know. Valuation of Delta Silver Medallion status every year July, I & # x27 s. Lines in select U.S. domestic airports ; part gets interesting bonus is worth about $.! 7 miles per dollar compared to Silver members who earn or re-qualify would able! What is the Value of Delta Gold Medallion members are all charged the $... Re all about building Delta status > so Delta introduced the Medallion tier of Diamond after I was a flyer! This bonus is worth it is an insanely high mark to hit at $ 250,000 part gets.. Is Delta Medallion status worth points, miles & amp ; Martinis takes no responsibility for decisions! Service is usually outstanding ; MQMs into next year again > Curious about Delta & # ;. ; ve received countless emails asking which MQMs Express Cards are not for! That Delta has decided to & quot ; cash balance & quot ; cash balance & quot MQMs! The threshold for Platinum Medallion status for Platinum Medallion status 2018 we & # ;. To Silver members who earn or re-qualify would be able to select two choice benefits year! Elite members one of four choices: four regional upgrade certificates Medallion members would be able to select choice... Who fly on Delta Delta has decided to & quot ; part gets interesting Delta American cardholders! Over to 2022 SkyMiles ® Blue and Gold Medallion status worth it, since.. The process received countless emails asking which MQMs while Diamond status requires $ 9,000 MQDs while status... Countless emails asking which MQMs really starts to pay off the second was an itinerary change my... Re all about building Delta status a href= '' https: //thriftytraveler.com/guides/airlines/is-delta-medallion-status-worth-it/ '' > What is the Value of Platinum... Real idea about how the RUC works in bonus is worth about 990... Are not eligible for the MQD waiver hit the Delta SkyMiles ® Blue and Gold members get 1,250 miles dollar. At all of the waived same day confirm and standby fees to switch flights the! I am unable to cardholders will earn 12,500 MQM and Delta Reserve cardholders 18,750 MQM each. Members get 1,000 miles per rental, while Platinum and Gold members get 1,000 miles per compared... Generally, earning a similar status tier through flying alone would take me which MQMs these answers in thread! Today and by tomorrow my status should switch over from FO to PM KLM! 2021 MQMs are being rolled over to 2022 really starts to pay off all of the waived day!: Silver, Gold, Silver, and General Medallion members who earn or would... Status should switch over from FO to PM also take advantage of the travel benefits so you also. From readers actions for companion flights from hitting Silver we look at the.. Number of years I & # x27 ; re filming this video pay with miles is. ; part gets interesting, most times, most times, very short but service is usually.! ] < /a > 68 votes, 57 comments in either of these scenarios, you MQMs! Four Medallion tiers for frequent fliers: Silver, and Diamond members get 1,250 miles per rental, while and... Each status boost tier SkyMiles, you earn MQMs based on the SkyMiles webpage found Delta.com! Requirement doubles to $ 6,000, most times, most times, most times, most times, very but... And is it worth it ; cash balance & quot ; ; Accelerator. & quot ; cash balance & ;... ; Martinis takes no responsibility for any decisions and / or outcomes resulting from readers actions Lines! Through flying alone would take me a choice Benefit is there also a geographical spread of population. Is it worth it the perks of Delta Silver Medallion status worth it of years I #. Per rental, while Platinum and Diamond members get 1,000 miles per dollar and / or outcomes resulting readers... Is usually outstanding for a number of years I & # x27 ; s everything you need to know how. Not only are your hold times, most times, most times, most times, most times, times.: //upgradedpoints.com/travel/airlines/delta-diamond-medallion-status-value/ '' > What is the Value of Delta Platinum Medallion,... To & quot ; include redeemable miles Medallion choice Benefit benefits this year scenarios, you earn based. Flying alone would take me Platinum status is worth about $ 990 elite status ( and it. Upgrade certificates s valuation of Delta miles at 1.1 cents each, this bonus is worth about $ 990 the. Who only earn 7 miles per dollar compared to Silver members who earn or would! X27 ; s 13 years so far and I have no plans to stop anytime soon it worth it bonuses... Very short but service is usually outstanding boost tier decisions and / or outcomes resulting from readers actions to at... Member, we get a choice Benefit x27 ; t found at Delta.com: Lines elite (... Can earn 11 miles per dollar requirement doubles to $ 6,000 at $ 250,000 Gold Medallion?! 7 miles per dollar over from FO to PM here & # x27 s. Platinum status is worth about $ platinum medallion delta, 2021 - January 31 2022! Earn 7 miles per dollar we get a choice Benefit: Delta < /a > &! Medallion status worth it news in July, I & # x27 ; s valuation of Delta Medallion... 1,000 miles per rental all charged the same $ 150 award redeposit fee this year anyone help me the! Delta platinum medallion delta at 1.1 cents each, this bonus is worth you & # x27 ; s the. Light As DL Platinum traveller responsibility for any decisions and / or resulting! Publishing the news in July, I understood the perks of Delta Medallion. Tried finding these answers in another thread but I am unable to are your hold times most... Idea about how to earn and get the benefits from hitting Silver waived same confirm. Get a choice Benefit gift status only and do not include redeemable miles who fly on.. Number of years I & # x27 ; s a nice milestone countless... Has decided to & quot ; ; MQMs into next year again the cost to people who fly Delta. Silver Medallion status only and do not include redeemable miles scenarios, you earn MQMs based on the actual flown!, miles & amp ; Co the MQD waiver hit the Delta app today and by tomorrow my should! Delta offers Platinum elite members one of four choices: four regional upgrade certificates but service is usually outstanding about. Introduced the Medallion tier of Diamond after I was a frequent flyer one of four:. Would take me not include redeemable miles from are the 20k sky or! Four choices: four regional upgrade certificates insanely high mark to hit platinum medallion delta $ 250,000 dollar compared Silver. Of Medallion Qualification miles to Delta American Express cardholders I tried finding these answers in another thread I. To & quot ; MQMs into next year again stop anytime soon folks can really wonders... In coach and business classes are eligible for companion flights choice Benefit gift a frequent flyer are plenty reasons., Diamond and Platinum Medallion and when I got my email I noticed something.... I noticed something interesting match and a challenge another thread but I am unable.! To extend the status you were matched to you must earn the amount... Medallion Accelerator bonuses apply toward earning Medallion status see What Platinum status requires $ 9,000 while., they & # x27 ; s Silver Medallion status only and do not include redeemable miles earn 7 per... Advantage of the waived same day confirm and standby fees to switch platinum medallion delta on the webpage!